The GeForce GTX 980 is the world’s most advanced graphics card, powered by the new incredibly fast, power-efficient NVIDIA Maxwell architecture. With twice the performance of prior-generation cards* and exciting new gaming technologies, this innovative GPU provides an elite experience on virtual reality, HD, and ultra-resolution 4K displays.
Enjoy hyper-realistic real-time lighting with advanced NVIDIA Cone-Traced Global Illumination, as well as NVIDIA G-SYNC display technology for smooth, tear-free gaming. Plus, you get Super Resolution technology that delivers a 4K experience on a 1080p display.
The GTX 980 even delivers great gaming to go with NVIDIA GameStream technology that lets you stream PC games to NVIDIA SHIELD devices.
Double the performance of previous-generation cards* and powerful, efficient NVIDIA Maxwell architecture make the GeForce GTX 980 a truly impressive card. Plus, it features advanced sampling and Super Resolution technology that delivers 4K quality resolution – even on 1080p monitors.
The GeForce GTX 980 comes loaded with exclusive GeForce technologies that make games play brilliantly. These include features like Cone-Traced Global Illumination, which accelerates dynamic lighting for a truly immersive experience.
In addition to incredible performance and stunning graphics, the GeForce GTX 980 supports NVIDIA G-SYNC monitor technology. This breakthrough technology delivers super-smooth, tear-free, low-latency gaming.
- NVIDIA Super Resolution technology
- NVIDIA GameWorks technology
- NVIDIA GameStream technology
- NVIDIA G-Sync -Ready
- NVIDIA SHIELD -Ready
- Microsoft DirectX 12
- NVIDIA GPU Boost 2.0
- NVIDIA Adaptive Vertical Sync
- NVIDIA Surround technology
- Support for four concurrent displays including: Dual-link DVI, HDMI, Three DisplayPort 1.2
- NVIDIA SLI -Ready
- NVIDIA CUDA technology
- PCI Express 3.0 support
- OpenGL 4.4 support
- OpenCL support
- PCI Express compliant motherboard with one dual-width x16 graphics slot
- Two 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors
- Minimum 500W or greater system power supply (with a minimum 12V current rating of 42A)
- 300 MB of available hard-disk space
- 2GB system memory (4GB or higher recommended) Microsoft Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista
- DVD-ROM drive and Internet connection
- DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort or VGA compatible monitor