Featuring a total of 11 global patents (pending and granted), iCX from EVGA is efficiency perfected. With 9 additional sensors embedded on the PCB, a newly designed die-cast baseplate and backplate, purposefully-directed airflow chambers, and full control using EVGA Precision XOC, EVGAs iCX is the very definition of Interactive Cooling.
With PC gaming growing, it is important to provide "Peace of Mind Gaming" to the user. With EVGAs new iCX technology, users can have a better understanding of their cards operation. This includes temperature monitoring on key components (not just GPU), interaction with other devices and better cooling with asynchronous fan control providing better overclocking capabilities.
With EVGA iCX technology, a new era of PC gaming is coming.
- Base Clock: 1506 MHZ
- Boost Clock: 1683 MHz
- Memory Clock: 8008 MHz Effective
- CUDA Cores: 1920
- Bus Type: PCIe 3.0
- Memory Detail: 8192MB GDDR5
- Memory Bit Width: 256 Bit
- Memory Speed: 0.25ns
- Memory Bandwidth: 256.3 GB/s
- LED Logo: Yes (White)
- Height: 4.376in - 111.15mm
- Length: 10.5in - 266.7mm
- Width: Dual Slot
- 9 additional temp sensors to monitor Memory and VRM
- Asynchronous Fans
- Built for EVGA Precision XOC
- EVGA iCX Technology
- GPU / Memory / PWM Thermal Status Indicator LEDs
- HDMI 2.0b, DisplayPort 1.4 and Dual-Link DVI
- Microsoft DirectX 12 API
- New vented heatsink fin design and pin fins for optimized airflow
- NVIDIA® Ansel
- NVIDIA G-SYNC
- NVIDIA GameStream
- NVIDIA GPU Boost 3.0
- NVIDIA SLI w/ HB Bridge Support
- OpenGL 4.6 Support
- Redesigned cooling with L-shaped contact fins to improve contact surface area for better heat dissipation
- Safety fuse to protect components from damage due to improper installation or other component failures
- Simultaneous Multi-Projection
- VR Ready
The card itself is overall excellent. If you're considering this card and don't want to spend the extra cash on a 1080 then this will not let you down. As always, when purchasing an item, if you don't think you'll love it then don't buy it. You work hard for your money, make decisions you love.
QUIET. If noise is an issue for you, look no further. I have not examined other 950's to see how they compare, but this cooler running at 100% cannot be heard over my CPU cooler. Have not experienced any coil whine either. LEDs aren't as bright.
Mine does not any coil whine and fans do not go above 40 percent on full load and temps stay around 74c. Smooth 60fps at 4k on black ops 3. I have yet to try any really graphically intense games however.